Primary PE Funding
The government have pledged their support towards school sport in primary schools. They have done this by providing Sport Premium Funding. The Funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision for P.E and sport in schools. We, as a school, will be held accountable for how we have used the additional funding to support pupils progress and participation in P.E and school sport.
How much do schools get?
- The Sport Premium funding is allocated to each individual school by the payment of a lump sum.
- Schools with over 17 pupils are allocated a lump sum fund of £8,000 and then £5.00 per child in Y1-Y6.
The purpose of the grant is to improve PE and sport in primary schools. As well as promoting a healthy lifestyle, school sport has an important role in building confidence and a sense of achievement.
What we expect to see?
We can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- Hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- Support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- Provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- Run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- Run sports activities with other schools. (DFE website)